Posted on | February 21, 2012 | 2 Comments
Choosing the accent wall colors is one part of the process, but choosing which wall should be the accent wall is just as important.
Here are some accent wall ideas to get you started:
- An accent wall focuses your attention on an area of architecture in the room. Choose a wall that deserves the attention such as:
- Reading nook wall or TV wall.
- Short wall at the end of a long room or hall.
- Wall that frames a dominant window or door (a beautiful door, such as French doors opening into a garden or deck
- Focal wall behind a dining table.
- Fireplace wall
Choosing the right accent wall colors can be fun. Accent wall paint is a small investment in a big pop of style and color, so be bold with your choice. Here are some color choosing tips for accent wall paint:
Select a paint color that is at least 2 or 3 shades darker or lighter than the surrounding room wall colors.
- An accent wall color can cross-pollinate the other colors in a room or a visible element from a nearby room. Ex: Green dining room accent wall is repeat of the awesome green cooktop range in the adjoining kitchen.
- Choose an accent wall paint color that continues the room color theme – such as a dark chocolate brown accent wall in a taupe colored room, OR….
- Choose an accent wall color that contrasts with the surrounding room color theme – such as a tangerine orange wall in a white room.